LinkedIn is a social "network". Much like real world face-to-face clubs and events, being active in LinkedIn groups can help you meet new people and form meaningful connections.
So, think of LinkedIn groups as business functions or networking events. If you don't show up and talk to people, you don't get much out of the event.
Here's what you need to do to get started successfully networking with LinkedIn:
- participate in at least 1 Discussion per Week
- share content that's relevant to the audience / group
- post content, questions, & polls that will invite replies from other members
- match the ‘tempo’ of the group, with the topic and frequency of your posts
- share good news as well as business & personal victories
- if you're new, say so. Introduce yourself to the group
- say hello to new members
And one more, for the good of the order:
- Spread The Word.
Invite others to join the group - and help them get started by sharing success tips that you've learned along the way.